Nov 5, 2008

Carrie Underwood: "I lose all respect for celebrities when they back a candidate."

American Idol winner Carrie UnderwoodHas she lost respect to Oprah Winfrey, George Clooney, Robert De Niro, Ben Affleck, Scarlett Johansson and other celebrities who publicly endorse a candidate this election? The former American Idol, Carrie Underwood, is making news with her statement recently.

More controversial statements from Carrie below.

"There is someone I do support, but I don’t support publicly," the country singer tells TV Guide.

"I lose all respect for celebrities when they back a candidate."

"It’s saying that the American public isn’t smart enough to make their own decisions," she continued.

"I would never want anybody to vote for anything or anybody just because I told them to. Music is where you go to get away...Whether it’s from politics or just the world around you, music should be an escape."

Carrie Underwood is one of the few celebrities who doesn't agree with endorsing a candidate in public.


Source

Carrie Underwood: "I lose all respect for celebrities when they back a candidate."

eAve: The Home of Entertainment Rumors, Celebrities, Hollywood Gossips, Amazing Pictures and Weird News.

0 comments: