Sep 13, 2009

Ellen DeGeneres Replaces Paula Abdul on American Idol; Paula Reacts

Ellen DeGeneres Replaces Paula Abdul on American IdolFox made an announcement that Ellen DeGeneres will be the permanent replacement of former judge Paula Abdul on American Idol.

In a statement, Fox said, "DeGeneres will sit alongside Simon Cowell, Randy Jackson and Kara DioGuardi and offer her own unique perspective to the contestants throughout the competition."

See Paula Abdul's reaction about the news.


Abdul commented on the selection of DeGeneres to be the fourth judge of American Idol. She posted on Twitter, "I think Ellen will b a gr8 judge on Idol. She is wildly funny, talented and I wish her the best of luck!"

DeGeneres' job will start right after the audition rounds. "Hopefully I'm the people's point of view because I'm just like you. I sit at home and I watch it… I'm not looking at it in a critical way from the producer's mind. I'm looking at it as a person who is going to buy the music and is going to relate to that person," she exclaimed.

0 comments: