Feb 12, 2012

Singers Pay Tribute to Whitney Houston - Dead at 48

Singers Pay Tribute to Whitney Houston Dead at 48The music industry got a severe blow. And the musicians were shocked when superstar Whitney Houston was pronounced dead at the age of 48 recently.

Hollywood singers including Elton John, Lionel Richie, Mariah Carey, Rihanna and others pay tribute to the late songstress.

Read their statements Below.

Dolly Parton:
'Mine is only one of the millions of hearts broken over the death of Whitney Houston. I will always be grateful and in awe of the wonderful performance she did on my song and I can truly say from the bottom of my heart, Whitney, I will always love you.'

Elton John:
'This is a sad day today, all I want to talk about is her music. She was the most beautiful woman I think I ever saw. ... Thank you for giving us your talent, and one of the most beautiful voices I've ever heard.'

Mariah Carey:
'Heartbroken and in tears over the shocking death of my friend, the incomparable Ms. Whitney Houston. My heartfelt condolences to Whitney’s family and to all her millions of fans throughout the world. She will never be forgotten as one of the greatest voices to ever grace the earth.'

Lionel Richie:
'I am devastated by the loss of Whitney. We have lost a true angel. My prayers, my heart goes out to her family. We have lost an extraordinary voice to the world.'

Rihanna:
'No words! Just tears #DearWhitney'

Wyclef Jean:
'This is the saddest thing I've ever had to write in my life, R I P to one of the greatest humans that I have ever known Whitney Houston.'

LeAnn Rimes:
'Whitney Houston was the first cd I ever bought. She had a God given gift. Hopefully, she’s singing with angels now.'

0 comments: