However, minutes after the contest, Archbold collapsed and was brought to the hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Watch the VIDEO of Cockroach-Eating Contest:
Authorities are waiting for the port-mortem examination result to know what caused Archbold's sudden death.
Is that because of the cockroaches and worms?
"We feel terribly awful," said store owner Ben Siegel.
He added, "He looked like he just wanted to show off and was very nice."
Here's the VIDEO.
VIDEO: Winner of Cockroach-Eating Contest Dies